Register for Fall Travel Baseball!!!
Deadline EXTENDED to Fri, Aug 14
UpdatedSunday August 16, 2020 byLMLL Registrar.
The Summer Travel season is still in progress but registration for LMLL Fall Travel baseball is now open!
The Fall season runs from Sept. 1 through the end of October. Games are played on the weekends, mostly in doubleheaders. Teams may hold occasional mid-week practices. To register, log into your account on the LMLL website: www.LMLittleLeague.org. Additional details:
- Deadline to register is extended to Fri, Aug 14
- In addition to an 8U team (for which registration and tryouts have been completed), we will be fielding teams from the 9U to 16U levels. All players will be in the same age group for Fall as they were for Summer. So for example, if you played on a Summer 9U team, you will be Fall 9U as well. In other words, your age group for Fall travel baseball purposes is your age on 4/30/20. (This is different than last year, when for example a 16U Summer team was considered 17U in the Fall.)
- Returning 2020 LMLL Summer Travel players. LMLL Summer Travel teams will be kept intact for Fall to the extent possible. As a result, first priority for Fall Travel roster spots goes to Summer Travel players. When registering for Fall, all 2020 Summer Travel players should select the option for "9U-16U Fall Travel-2020 SUMMER TRAVEL PLAYERS ONLY" and pay the registration fee required (see below).
- Note for 14-16U players: the teams will be made based on the number of registrations at each age level and may change from what was offered in Summer. We do plan to have a 14U Fall Travel team.
- Other players. A limited number of spots may be available for LMLL-eligible players who did not participate in LMLL Summer Travel. If you did not participate in LMLL 2020 Summer Travel, please register under the “9U-16U Fall Travel INTEREST-ALL OTHER PLAYERS” option. Non-Summer Travel players who register interest may not be selected for a team. There are no tryouts for 9U-16U Fall Travel; LMLL Travel tryouts are held once per year in November, although 9U-16U players who did not tryout last November can still register interest in playing 2020 Fall. If we need additional information to evaluate a player, or are able to offer you a spot on a Fall Travel team, we will contact you.
- The Fall Travel fee is $400. The non-refundable fee will be required to be paid at registration for 2020 Summer Travel players, or within 2 weeks of selection to a team for other players, to secure the roster spot. Players who do not have a 2020 LMLL Travel uniform will be charged an additional uniform/gear fee of around $125, depending on level.
- Coaches and managers need to register at this time as well, including all who coached Summer Travel and are returning for the Fall. Anyone else who wants to volunteer to help coach/manage a Fall team may register as well; as with players, registration does not guarantee selection, which will be by LMLL in its discretion.
Travel ball requires a different commitment level than Rec. All players are expected to attend all practices and games consistently. A lack of attendance will result in diminished playing time. The goal is to field competitive Travel teams at all levels and we do not guarantee selected players will get equal playing time. Away games are played against teams in our region, sometimes in towns up to 60-75 minute drive away. Due to COVID-19 restrictions on car-pooling, parents will be responsible for transporting their own players to/from games.
In regards to COVID-19 Safety Guidelines. All players and parents will be required to strictly follow the league’s published safety guidelines relating to COVID-19. The most important precautions are (1) the use of masks at all times by everyone except the players while they are actually playing on the field; (2) socially distancing at all times off the field (and as much as possible on the field); and (3) no sharing of any equipment. (These highlights are not intended to replace your review and adherence to the full set of requirements.)
Regards to all,
LMLL Travel Commissioners